Saturday 15 July 2017

Preliminary Evaluation-Production

We continued to work as a whole group filming the video shooting the shots of the male (Will McCarthy) on the Panasonic HC-V700 to film the footage which we got in pre-production along with an SD Card. For the filming process, using our storyboard we filmed sections constantly looking back at the original video ensuring our recreation is as accurate as possible. We used a lightbox to film the silhouette effect putting a studio light behind the artist which allowed us to get the effect we wanted.

As there was a wide range of close, medium and long shots we sometimes zoomed the camera in or physically moved the camera closely replication the framing of the original video. We used a tripod to ensure the camera stayed steady thought the filming to gain the professional element that we wanted in our video and to achieve the same effect as the original video.

In the process of the production, I have learnt a variety of skills involving both camerawork and lighting and this insight will benefit me in the process of producing my own music video. The only thing i believe was a main issue in our filming was the element of time and availability. This tells me in the process of making my real video t plan ahead to ensure we will have the time to get everything done to the standard we want. Aside from this however, I believe we achieved the shots we wanted that closely replicate the original video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note To Examiner:

Dear Examiner, Thank you for taking the time to look through my media coursework I have completed this year. I have throughly enjoyed this...